(I’ll adjust the vocabulary so that it’s understandable by most OCAD students. But nothing essential is changed. In fact by adjusting the vocabulary it becomes clear why I say the situation is ridiculous.) So what essentially happened in the past couple of days was that I have been banned from a studio. The tech specifically requested that I be banned only from his studio, but what happened was that I seem to have been banned from the entire building, including the elevator. Now this is a serious problem, because there can only be so many reasons how this could even have happened:
- The person who made the change intentionally made the wrong changes (malice);
- The person who made the change on the computer made a mistake and did not check their work so they never noticed there was a mistake (carelessness);
- The person who made the change on the computer did everything correctly but the computer did something else and then lied to the person saying it did what was asked (logic error + bad UI);
- The computer is incapable of making the requested change and does not provide any feedback as to what it has actually done (software deficiencies + bad UI);
- The computer does random unexpected things from time to time, possibly when people try to make certain changes (random errors).